- Boarding and day school for students 14 years and up (Grade 9 to 12)
- A 25,000 square meter state-of-the-art boarding school at Hoa Lac Hi-tech Park – only 40 minute away from the city of Hanoi
- Free transportation to the city on Friday afternoon and back to school on Monday morning for boarding students
- Day school students could go to school by bus daily.
- Staff to supervise students onsite 24-hours per day, and all staff are background checked
- Organized after school and weekend activities
- Pastoral care provided by fully-trained staff
- Swimming pool, sport Hall, football field, table tennis, badminton, common room, study rooms, and laundry (washing, drying) on site
An international education
An international curriculum leading to globally recognised and valued qualifications
Unique 80% - 20% Educational Model:
TH School supports a research backed model for its forward thinking educational program. All secondary students spend 80% of their school day studying Cambridge IGCSE and A-levels programs. All classes are taught in English by qualified teachers. The remaining 20% of a student’s day is devoted to our Vietnamese Studies.
All Vietnamese studies courses are taught by fully qualified Vietnamese teachers. Vietnamese students learn in Vietnamese at appropriate mother tongue levels. The course of study for Vietnamese students focuses on aspects of Vietnamese language, literature, history, civics, geography, and culture. The Vietnamese Studies for expatriate students focuses on language development and cultural appreciation at acquisition levels.
English Language Development:
Secondary students at TH School are required to follow an English based curriculum. Therefore, students must demonstrate English language proficiencies appropriate for each grade level. Required levels of English competency increase by grade level. To assist students with limited English competency, a robust English As An Additional Language (EAL) program is provided with the goal of gaining English fluency as quickly as possible.
Grades 9 & 10
Students undertake a broad curricular program and continue with the 80/20 model studying IGCSE courses in English, Math, Science, and Business Studies along with school designed courses in Art, Music, Physical Education, and STEM all taught in English by international teachers. The remaining 20% of the program focuses on Vietnamese Studies in language and culture at mother tongue and acquisition levels.
Grades 11 & 12
Students in Grades 11 and 12 enter the rigorous Cambridge A-Level program.
The A-Level program is a demanding pre-university internationally recognized course of study that leads to external exams at the end of Grades 11 and 12. TH students in Grades 11 and 12 take three to four A Level subjects of their choosing supplemented with required courses in English Language, school designed elective courses, and Vietnamese Studies.
Find more detailed information about Secondary School curricula and policies in the documents linked below:
At TH School, students are provided with three meals and two healthy snacks per day in accordance with the Nutrition Board. The school uses TH True Milk and organic vegetables from FVF and other high quality suppliers. The nutrition team operates independently and regularly monitors the quality of each meal at school. With "self-serve" meals, students are encouraged to develop independence in making nutritional choices.
TH School has a well-equipped medical facility, with nurses available on campus for assistance when needed. In addition, the school maintains close contact with the students' families so that students' health and medical needs are met. The school also conducts periodic health checks at international standard hospitals and sends students to these facilities when they have signs of poor health and need the advice of a doctor.
The boarding house is equipped with modern facilities including spacious bedrooms, a common room, and numerous study rooms to meet the daily recreational and educational needs of students. The boarding house is monitored closely by qualified supervisors who manage the dormitories 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. On the weekends, students are going on trips or stay in school for co-curricular activities.